20 Ways You May Not Have Thought of to Make Your Home Environment Radiate with Peace
Our homes reflect who we are. They're the places in our lives that hold the most meaning for us. Whether they're places of chaos or peace, they say a lot about who we are and what we're going through at any given moment. Our homes shelter us, yes, but they can be places of rest and respite, nurturing, healing, love, peace and inner contemplation. When our homes are in order and serene, they support us in our daily quest for personal vitality. They uplift our ability to go out into the world and give to it our very best. Here are a number of ways to help bring your home to a point of peace while elevating your home’s vibratory frequency and its ability to offer you an ambiance of nurturing and sanctuary.
- Burn unscented candles with prayer intentions embedded into them.
- Create a small uncluttered devotional altar in your bedroom and/or living area.
- Keep everything in order. Get organized. Chaos creates more chaos. Clean and straighten as you go.
- Keep your decor simple and refined. Establish clean lines.
- Make your home decor meaningful. Your home reflects who you are.
- Cover your television screen with a beautiful tapestry when it is not in use.
- Keep your home aired out by opening doors and windows periodically.
- One simple fresh flower or a plant will impeccably enchant the room.
- Feature a platonic solid geometric sculpture in your home. It will radiate a high vibration into the room.
- Use a musical instrument such as a violin or guitar as a decoration piece even if you don’t play it. Musical instruments are elegant and make the room feel elegant and peaceful.
Be sure to get your FREE e-books on diverse leading edge spiritual life topics here.
- Light a Himalayan salt lamp in each room. It purifies and places rejuvenating negative ions into the air. Explore Evolution Salt.
- Keep your home accessories and supplies vegan and fair-trade friendly. They carry a vibratory frequency of non-aggression.
- Watch and feel how energies feel in your home and shift furniture until it feels better to you.
- Create space around your bed to allow the energy to flow unimpeded.
- Empty your garbage frequently. It speaks stagnancy.
- By all means, post a picture or a statue of peace hero in your home such as the Buddha, Jesus, Mahatma Gandhi, or Kwan Yin. You will be surprised at how it makes the room feel.
- Have a set of tingshas, a bell or crystal bowl nearby and gently clang periodically to clear the energies of the room.
- Never hesitate to do yoga in your living or bedroom. The energies you generate will uplift the room.
- Play a continuous "OM" soundtrack in the background. The best one we've found is Eternal Om by Dick Sutphen. Or play chanting Buddhist monks. Their guttural chanting is amazingly comforting.
- Always treat your home as a sacred space, the home of a noble being of light.
Editor's Note: This post was originally published on March 11, 2017 and has been updated for freshness and comprehensiveness.